Friday, June 5, 2009

Sweaty Butts

Where to begin. So far every day, I have woken up very late. I go to bed around 3-4 in the morning, and I don't wake up until noon. My cousin Lina wanted me to purchase a PS3 in America and bring it over to her. I brought over some games including Need For Speed and Resistance: Fall of Men. I really don't like action and shooting games because they scare me. I usually watch Ryan play COD on his Xbox, but I won't join in. For my first time, I really got into a shooting game. Now I am obsessed with Resistance. I play with my cousins Khalid, May, or Sherif until early in the morning. I feel bad because Khalid and May have to work the next day. Anyways, I pay too much now. When I get back to the states, watch out! Haha. I haven't had the urge to watch Young & the Restless (nor can I online) or kept up with the daily summaries. Instead, I'm playing video games. Haha.

Anyways, it's about 100 degrees here. It's so hot, and in Egypt, Egyptians are not yet accustomed to women showing their legs in public. That means if we must walk in "not-so-friendly" areas, we have to wear long jeans or pants. To our mistake (May never noticed), we wore khakis. Yeah, about that. There's no air condition in one of their cars. They have one classic VW beetle and a BMW. We took the VW to drive my Aunt Maysa somewhere, and we noticed when we got back home that our butts were soaked with sweat. It was great! Lol. I learned my lesson, so from now on, I will wear jeans.

Since I'm already accustomed to my mom's wonderful Middle Eastern/Greek food, I love the Egyptian foods. It's slightly different, but I've had similar foods such as: fresh okra & tomato sauce with rice, green beans & tomato sauce with rice, grilled cheese, apricots, and other foods. The foods are a little sweeter, and since everything is fresh, it's much less salty.

Also, I'm learning Arabic much quicker. However, I'm learning the Egyptian slang. So whenever I speak Arabic, it's usually the Jordinian/Palestian slang. They laugh and think it's cute. I'm trying to adjust to the Egyptian slang. I'm learning so much, I may forget English when I get back. Haha.

We haven't had time or a similar schedule with everyone to go anywhere. We were wanting to go to Alexandria this weekend, but May and Khalid both had meetings at work today. It's silly to me because Friday is supposed to be our Saturday in America. Why would they have work meetings? I guess it was the only time that fit in all of their schedules at work. So next weekend is my birthday, and I'm sure we'll go somewhere then.


No comments:

Post a Comment